You can find the latest issue of Today's Family magazine — inside the March issue of Today's Woman ! That's two magazin...
Friday, January 11, 2013
It looks like it’s going to be warm, albeit wet, weekend in Kentuckiana. So, here are some fun events for the family that are indoors. Enjoy!
Children’s Story Time- Saturday, January 12, 11am-noon at A Reader’s Corner Bookstore on Frankfort Ave.; Free snow-themed story, refreshments, and a warm drink; each child goes home with a free book
Family Fun Workshop- Saturday, January 12, 10am-12 at the Carnegie Center for Art and History in New Albany, IN; they’ll be making felt penguins...
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Makes about 10 servings.
2 lbs ground hamburger
1- 16oz can of Organic Tomato sauce
2- 16oz cans of Organic Kidney beans
1 Medium yellow onion
1 box (Sam Mills 16oz) corn pasta in elbow macaroni or penne pasta or rice pasta in elbow or penne
1 box of Carrol Shelby’s Chili Kit Fix it Hot or Mild (Mild is what I use)
2- 16oz cans of water
- Brown ground beef in large skillet, drain fat.
- Add tomato sauce, beans, water, spice packet, salt packet, & onion (To Fix it Mild, omit cayenne pepper.)
- Bowl noodles separate as directed on pasta package. Add to chili mixture while simmering.
- Cover and simmer for an hour. For thicker chili or hotter chili, use the cooking instructions on the Carroll Shelby’s recipe located on the back of the box.
Recipe from Cyndi Burns.
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
It’s Kosair Shrine Circus time! Get your family ready to be amazed by a myriad of amazing stunts, from parading pachyderms to a contortionist teen. You read that part right, 17-year old “Princess Elayne” is one of the best contortionists around and can even hold her whole body with just her mouth!
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
I worked my way through tons of items to come up with my very first List of Favorite Things. So, without further ado, here are my picks, both local and national, for January 2013.
- Lexie’s of Louisville Intensive Body Cream Stick- In a family where dry skin and psoriasis are prevalent, we’re always looking for the next best moisturizer. With this body cream stick, my younger son thinks it’s so cool that he doesn’t have to get lotion all over the palms of his hands anymore, and he can put it on all by himself.
Monday, January 7, 2013
This is the beginning of a month-long series on teen health from Kim Seidel, writer-editor for Seidel Ink, LLC, and mother of a teen and a tween.
Parents striving to improve their eating and exercising habits may achieve extra benefits beyond weight loss and increased energy: Their teenagers may start to improve their own lifestyles.
“Without question, children watch what their parents do and are very responsive in their own actions,” says Ann Kulze, a nationally recognized expert in nutrition and author of Dr. Ann’s 10-Step Diet.
Parents must be the primary role model for their children...