We truly *heart* Fall and all of the festivals surrounding this fun season. Here are our picks for this weekend. Enjoy!
You can find the latest issue of Today's Family magazine — inside the March issue of Today's Woman ! That's two magazin...
Friday, October 11, 2013
Thursday, October 10, 2013
As soon as one’s child begins preschool, a parent can count on receiving a seemingly endless stream of birthday party invitations from classmates. Over time, I’ve developed some strategies for preventing birthday party overload.
The Gift Box
When my daughter began preschool, it didn’t take me too long to figure out that if she was invited to the parties of eight classmates, and I bought each child a $15 gift, I was venturing into 1. serious math and 2. serious budgetary woes.
So I created the gift box.
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Yeehaw! The rodeo is coming to town, and we've got tickets to give away!
We're giving one lucky winner 6 tickets to the North American Championship Rodeo being held November 14, 15 & 16, at the North American International Livestock Exposition at the Kentucky Exposition Center.
Rodeo ticket prices are as follows:
- Thursday, Nov. 14 - $25 adult, $5 children (under 12)
- Friday, Nov. 15– $30 adult, $10 children (under 12)
- Saturday, Nov. 16 (final round) – $32 adult, $10 children (under 12)
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Here are some great rules one local, single mom has in her home. You'll find them to be both helpful and entertaining.
- Never, ever quit. Lauren wanted to quit dance in third grade, but couldn't because the house rule was that once you started an activity, you must see it to completion for the term. You didn't have to participate in the activity again, but you had to complete the term (year or nine months) for which you had agreed to participate. No ifs, ands, or buts. The only happening that could get you out of the activity was a major illness.
- Use public restrooms only if necessary, and if you do, make it quick. As a single mother of both boys and girls...
Monday, October 7, 2013
This event takes place November 15-17, 2013, and tickets can be purchased at the door or in advance by calling 502.629.8060.
We're giving away tickets to...