Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Ready to be inspired? Tour the beautiful homes of the Building Industry Association of Greater Louisville’s Homearama and discover decorating ideas and design trends, shop artwork and furniture, or buy the home of your dreams! You can win tickets for yourself and your family right here.
Five lucky winners will each win four tickets to this year’s Homearama at Spring Farm Lake.
Enter for your chance to win by...
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Memorial Day Weekend is here! If you are looking for things to do in between the barbecues and pool parties, here's what's happening around Louisville this weekend:
- Hidden Hill Nursery & Sculpture Garden is hosting Fossil Day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, May 23. This event is geared towards children and "rock-collecting adults" of all ages.
- For all Beatles fans, WAVE3's Abbey Road on the River is happening May 21-25 at Belvedere Festival Park and the Muhammad Ali Center. Enjoy covers of your favorite Beatles songs, great food and a great atmosphere. Be sure to bring ear plugs for the little ones.
- This Saturday it's a WNBA Doubleheader: Fever vs. Sun and Dream vs. Mystic at the KFC Yum! Center. This is event also includes a coaches clinic and a pre-game party with community appearances by all four teams.
- It's an exciting weekend down at Slugger Field! On Friday, after the Louisville Bats take on the Pawtucket Red Sox, enjoy the fireworks to follow. Then on Saturday, it's Superhero Night! Kids are encouraged to dress up as their favorite superhero and meet Captain America, Spiderman and other superheroes on the main concourse during the game. Tickets for both nights start at $8 for bleacher and lawn seating.
Keep reading for more Memorial Day Weekend fun!
Take Family Fun Night to the next level with this super giveaway from Champ’s Rollerdrome! Two lucky winners will each receive a family four-pack of tickets that include admission for four, skate rental, a pitcher of soda and pizza. This will be a night of fun to remember!
See Official Rules for details.
The lucky winners are Kelly Fleenor and Tamador Hanbali!
Friday, May 15, 2015
As the weather heats up, so does the fun in Kentuckiana!
Check out this weekend's family-friendly events:
- Derby may be over, but the fun continues on at Churchill Downs! This Sunday, spend a day at the track at Churchill's Family Adventure Day. Activities include horse meet-and-greets, face painting, stick horse races and more. $1 of each purchased ticket will be donated to Kosair Children's Hospital.
- This Saturday 10 a.m. to 11 p.m., get to know the St. Matthews community at the 4th Annual St. Matthews Street Festival. This event stretches from Frankfort Avenue to Bauer Avenue and includes music, food and shopping for adults, as well as a free Kids Zone for the little ones.
- The circus is in town! May 14-17, the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey presents "LEGENDS" at the KFC Yum! Center. Tickets start at $13 with an All-Access Pre-show allowing ticket holders to learn the art of juggling, meet the performers and take photos.
Click below to check out more weekend fun!
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
We’ve got another family four-pack of tickets to Holiday World for one lucky winner! Even better news: Splashin’ Safari opens this week!
See Official Rules for details.
The lucky winner is Sarah Bowen-Lewis!
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
Check out the Summer issue online and on stands now.
What 7-year-old boy couldn't wait to jump in the water and swim with his clothes on, or at least imagine himself doing it? Parents, in this issue we can learn to follow our child's lead this summer and let our imaginations meld with our children's minds. You might just have more fun!
Also, find out more about:
• Handling a defiant child
• Navigating the social media scene with your child
• Keeping your cool with your child's first crush
• How to take the perfect family photo
AND, the Beautiful Baby Contest winner is . . .The winner of the Today's Family Beautiful Baby Contest graces the cover of our Oh, Baby! supplement, featured inside the summer issue. Congratulations to our winner and runner-up, and thank you to all the readers who nominated their babies, to all who voted, and special thanks to our sponsor, Derby City Pediatric Dentistry.
at 1:27 PM
Friday, May 8, 2015
Mother's Day is this coming Sunday, but why stop there? Why not make the whole weekend about Mom? Check out this weekend's events for things to do with Mom and the whole family!
- Spend an afternoon at Locust Grove surrounded by flowers and fresh herbs at the 20th Annual Gardeners' Fair and Silent Auction.
- Run wild this Saturday at the Louisville Zoo’s “Throo the Zoo” 5K Run/Walk.
- "Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse" presented by StageOne Family Theatre at the Kentucky Center is a great way to entertain the kiddos for an afternoon.
Keep reading for more Mother's Day weekend activities!