Thursday, December 8, 2011
Snowball Fight, Anyone?
Yummy… these holiday snowballs are made to eat, not throw (hehe!). Try them out and let us know what you think. Here’s the recipe:
Holiday Snowballs (Makes 2 Dozen)
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Raw Walnuts
½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
½ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
½ Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
¼ Cup Confectioners' Sugar, plus additional for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place the walnuts in a food processor for 30 seconds or until finely chopped.
3. Place the ground walnuts, flour and cinnamon in a bowl and combine.
4. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a standing mixer or bowl using a hand mixer and cream for 3-4 minutes.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until combined.
6. Using a cookie scooper, scoop out the dough and place on a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
8. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.
What’s your go-to holiday cookie?
Recipe courtesy of Louisville’s own Catherine McCord of weelicious.